AUTHORS. Members of the public can submit proposals for works of fiction, nonfiction, or films/documentaries that meet our objectives to MECAH staff and receive limited feedback (see Proposal). This feedback does not constitute an agreement to publish. Writing or video editing must be very high quality and meet the general standards of the genre. Once a final product is completed, the work will be submitted to a panel of reviewers who will make the final decisions on publishing, as well as suggested edits. Reviews will be double blind. At this time, a contract may be issued. The authors of the works will receive 50% royalties of the net profits of the product. Authors will never pay any fees for publication of the work, but will be expected to participate in promoting works at conferences, clubs, or other venues relevant to the work’s topic.
MECAH Publishing will do the following:
- Conduct preliminary reviews of proposals and products.
- Assemble a panel of experts in the field the product addresses, for a final review.
- Suggest edits and do final proofreading.
- Format the work for production, including high quality cover art.
- Secure all the necessary copyright and ISBN/ISSN permits.
- Have reproductions of the product made (e.g., books, DVDs, Nook/Kindle formats)
- Ensure that the works are made available at online book sellers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
- Ensure that the works are made available to local book sellers, universities, schools, and organizations.
- Maintain a website and social media space for advertising the works.
- Issue press releases on works as they are published.